Data use - Academic/Scientific
STARNET data is freely available for use in academic and research activities. To do so, is necessary to send the information and declarations described below in digital form to Prof. Carlos Augusto Morales (email@example.com).
- The document must be in an official template of the University, Institute or Department;
- Title of project / work;
- Indicate if the data will be used in Course (name), scientific initiation, Master's or Doctorate;
- Write a 1-paragraph summary of the project / job objectives, indicating what you want to do and where you will apply the data;
- Period (date) and region (lat / lon) that needs the data;
- The document requires the following signatures:
- Course professor or advisor and with the stamp;
- Head of department or principal and with stamp;
Fill out the statement below and sign. Only the applicant will need to recognize signature in a notary's office, the others need to give consent.
STATEMENT OF USE OF STARNET DATA
I, (full name), (nationality), bearer of document (type/number), resident (address), (profession), (student / teacher / Faculty), under the guidance of the professor (full name and title), of the institute / university / college, declare that all information previously written is true and I confirm that I am aware of the commitments listed below.
- STARNET's atmospheric discharges data will be used solely and exclusively in this (research or work), titled (name of course or work);
- STARNET's atmospheric discharges data will not be passed on or transferred to anyone without the prior written consent of STORM-T / IAG / USP Laboratory;
- STARNET data will not be used for consulting and will not be marketed;
- A digital copy of the work developed will be sent to the STORM-T Laboratory;
- Acknowledgments: The STORM-T / IAG / USP Laboratory and USP will be cited for the availability and processing of STARNET data;
- The STARNET data source will be referenced by the article: Morales, C.A., Neves, J.R, Anselmo, E., 2011: Sferics Timing and Ranging Network - STARNET: Evaluation over South America, Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Atmospheric Electricity - ICAE, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- The STORM-T / IAG / USP Laboratory is not responsible for the location, quality and lightning detection.
- The STORM-T / IAG / USP Laboratory can not be held responsible for any failure to locate and detect lightning.
City, day, month, year
Name of Advisor / Supervisor / Teacher